North Bay News
Police shoot, kill man after pursuit in American Canyon
AMERICAN CANYON, Calif. (KGO) -- An investigation is underway after police in the North Bay shot and killed a man. It happened around 10 p.m. Friday in Napa County city of American Canyon at the unfinished Newell Drive extension.
Police say they tried to pull over the driver of a white pickup truck over but the man sped off, leading them on a short chase. The pursuit ended with gunfire.
The driver died at the scene. His name has not been released and investigators are not saying why officers shot him.
A major crimes task force made up of several Napa County police agencies is conducting the investigation.
This is the sixth deadly officer-involved shooting in the Bay Area this month.
On March 1 in Guerneville officers shot and killed an attempted kidnapping suspect.
There were three fatal officer-involved on March 2 in San Francisco, San Jose, and Union City. One that took place the next day involved Hayward police.
napa county, crime, shooting, police chase, guns, violence, north bay news
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire 47 min ago
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the House
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 48 min ago
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos