North Bay News
Police shoot, kill man after pursuit in American Canyon
AMERICAN CANYON, Calif. (KGO) -- An investigation is underway after police in the North Bay shot and killed a man. It happened around 10 p.m. Friday in Napa County city of American Canyon at the unfinished Newell Drive extension.
Police say they tried to pull over the driver of a white pickup truck over but the man sped off, leading them on a short chase. The pursuit ended with gunfire.
The driver died at the scene. His name has not been released and investigators are not saying why officers shot him.
A major crimes task force made up of several Napa County police agencies is conducting the investigation.
This is the sixth deadly officer-involved shooting in the Bay Area this month.
On March 1 in Guerneville officers shot and killed an attempted kidnapping suspect.
There were three fatal officer-involved on March 2 in San Francisco, San Jose, and Union City. One that took place the next day involved Hayward police.
napa county, crime, shooting, police chase, guns, violence, north bay news
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose 37 min ago
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service 17 min ago
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter...
17 min ago