North Bay News
Police shoot, kill man after pursuit in American Canyon
AMERICAN CANYON, Calif. (KGO) -- An investigation is underway after police in the North Bay shot and killed a man. It happened around 10 p.m. Friday in Napa County city of American Canyon at the unfinished Newell Drive extension.
Police say they tried to pull over the driver of a white pickup truck over but the man sped off, leading them on a short chase. The pursuit ended with gunfire.
The driver died at the scene. His name has not been released and investigators are not saying why officers shot him.
A major crimes task force made up of several Napa County police agencies is conducting the investigation.
This is the sixth deadly officer-involved shooting in the Bay Area this month.
On March 1 in Guerneville officers shot and killed an attempted kidnapping suspect.
There were three fatal officer-involved on March 2 in San Francisco, San Jose, and Union City. One that took place the next day involved Hayward police.
napa county, crime, shooting, police chase, guns, violence, north bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested 44 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash 25 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal 14 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer...
44 min ago
- Little progress made in search for missing...
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos