North Bay News
Vallejo police release sketch of Hanns Park assault suspect
VALLEJO, Calif. (KGO) -- Vallejo police are asking for the public's help in finding a man who allegedly assaulted a woman last Sunday afternoon on a park trail.
Investigators have released a sketch of the man they say grabbed the woman on one of the trails at Hanns Park that parallels Redwood Parkway from Skyline Drive to Oakwood Avenue.
According to Sgt. Kevin Coelho, the man came up from behind and choked her, and then tried to drag her to a nearby creek bed but she fought back and managed to escape.
Coelho says the man then fled in a vehicle that had been parked in the parking lot. It's described as a 1995 to 2000 silver or gray 2-door Acura Integra with gray primer on the rear bumper and fender area.
Police have revised the suspect's description. They say he is around 5 feet 4 inches and 210 pounds. They had previously said he was 5 feet 10 inches.
Anyone with information is asked to call detective Drew Ramsey or Sgt. Coelho at (800) 488-9383
(Bay City News contributed to this report)
vallejo, crime, violence, north bay news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos