North Bay News
Vallejo police release sketch of Hanns Park assault suspect
VALLEJO, Calif. (KGO) -- Vallejo police are asking for the public's help in finding a man who allegedly assaulted a woman last Sunday afternoon on a park trail.
Investigators have released a sketch of the man they say grabbed the woman on one of the trails at Hanns Park that parallels Redwood Parkway from Skyline Drive to Oakwood Avenue.
According to Sgt. Kevin Coelho, the man came up from behind and choked her, and then tried to drag her to a nearby creek bed but she fought back and managed to escape.
Coelho says the man then fled in a vehicle that had been parked in the parking lot. It's described as a 1995 to 2000 silver or gray 2-door Acura Integra with gray primer on the rear bumper and fender area.
Police have revised the suspect's description. They say he is around 5 feet 4 inches and 210 pounds. They had previously said he was 5 feet 10 inches.
Anyone with information is asked to call detective Drew Ramsey or Sgt. Coelho at (800) 488-9383
(Bay City News contributed to this report)
vallejo, crime, violence, north bay news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Serious accident on Almaden Expressway in San Jose 3 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting