North Bay News
7-year-old Fairfield child drowns in swimming pool
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- A seven-year-old child drowned in a backyard pool in Fairfield Saturday morning, according to police.
The child was found floating in the pool at a home on Howe Court around 11:30 a.m., according to Sgt. Aaron Bertsch.
The resident pulled the child from the pool, but the child remained unresponsive.
Police dispatchers provided CPR instructions to the adult residents at the home until paramedics arrived on scene. The child was taken to Northbay Medical Center by ambulance, but efforts to save the child's life were unsuccessful, Bertsch said.
The incident remains under investigation, but police do not suspect any foul play, Bertsch said.
fairfield, water, children, north bay news
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 3 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos