North Bay News
7-year-old Fairfield child drowns in swimming pool
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- A seven-year-old child drowned in a backyard pool in Fairfield Saturday morning, according to police.
The child was found floating in the pool at a home on Howe Court around 11:30 a.m., according to Sgt. Aaron Bertsch.
The resident pulled the child from the pool, but the child remained unresponsive.
Police dispatchers provided CPR instructions to the adult residents at the home until paramedics arrived on scene. The child was taken to Northbay Medical Center by ambulance, but efforts to save the child's life were unsuccessful, Bertsch said.
The incident remains under investigation, but police do not suspect any foul play, Bertsch said.
fairfield, water, children, north bay news
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Fatal collision blocks lanes on I-880 near Coliseum 39 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts