North Bay News
7-year-old Fairfield child drowns in swimming pool
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- A seven-year-old child drowned in a backyard pool in Fairfield Saturday morning, according to police.
The child was found floating in the pool at a home on Howe Court around 11:30 a.m., according to Sgt. Aaron Bertsch.
The resident pulled the child from the pool, but the child remained unresponsive.
Police dispatchers provided CPR instructions to the adult residents at the home until paramedics arrived on scene. The child was taken to Northbay Medical Center by ambulance, but efforts to save the child's life were unsuccessful, Bertsch said.
The incident remains under investigation, but police do not suspect any foul play, Bertsch said.
fairfield, water, children, north bay news
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry 14 min ago
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
14 min ago