North Bay News
7-year-old Fairfield child drowns in swimming pool
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- A seven-year-old child drowned in a backyard pool in Fairfield Saturday morning, according to police.
The child was found floating in the pool at a home on Howe Court around 11:30 a.m., according to Sgt. Aaron Bertsch.
The resident pulled the child from the pool, but the child remained unresponsive.
Police dispatchers provided CPR instructions to the adult residents at the home until paramedics arrived on scene. The child was taken to Northbay Medical Center by ambulance, but efforts to save the child's life were unsuccessful, Bertsch said.
The incident remains under investigation, but police do not suspect any foul play, Bertsch said.
fairfield, water, children, north bay news
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit" 17 min ago
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments 25 min ago
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Amazon grocery delivery rolls into San Francisco
- Supermodel Gisele's breastfeeding pic stirs debate
- MLB intends to ban plate collisions
- wls: Baby girl found dead in car seat in Chicago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday 59 min ago
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 2 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
2 min ago
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball...
17 min ago