North Bay News
Two killed in fiery crash on Hwy 1 at Stewarts Point
The CHP is trying to figure out what led to a fiery crash that killed two people along the Sonoma County coast.
The crash, which happened just before 11:30 a.m. Saturday, prompted the closure of both directions of Highway 1 near Jenner for almost six hours.
Officials say both victims died when their Ferrari left the two-lane road.
"Very preliminary, for unknown reasons the vehicle was headed southbound on Highway 1, lost control, veered off the roadway, hit a tree and the vehicle did burst in flames," CHP Sgt. Bob Barr said.
The explosion caused some brush and trees to catch fire. Firefighters doused the flames quickly and kept them from spreading.
sonoma county, highway 1, car fire, crash, north bay news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond 1 min ago
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Perfect Pet: Isabella
14 min ago