North Bay News
Two killed in fiery crash on Hwy 1 at Stewarts Point
The CHP is trying to figure out what led to a fiery crash that killed two people along the Sonoma County coast.
The crash, which happened just before 11:30 a.m. Saturday, prompted the closure of both directions of Highway 1 near Jenner for almost six hours.
Officials say both victims died when their Ferrari left the two-lane road.
"Very preliminary, for unknown reasons the vehicle was headed southbound on Highway 1, lost control, veered off the roadway, hit a tree and the vehicle did burst in flames," CHP Sgt. Bob Barr said.
The explosion caused some brush and trees to catch fire. Firefighters doused the flames quickly and kept them from spreading.
sonoma county, highway 1, car fire, crash, north bay news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record 30 min ago
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits 29 min ago
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday