North Bay News
Man arrested in Vallejo Little League game shooting
VALLEJO, Calif. -- Police arrested a 24-year-old man Wednesday in connection with last week's shooting at a Little League baseball game in Vallejo.
Joshua Chi, of Vallejo, was arrested in Richmond on Wednesday at about 11 a.m., according to police.
At about 7:30 p.m. on April 17, police were notified of a shooting on Mini Drive, in the vicinity of the North Vallejo Little League Baseball complex.
According to police, the victim and the suspect were watching a Little League baseball game when they started arguing. The victim attempted to leave before the argument turned physical.
The victim got into his vehicle and began to drive away, but the suspect fired multiple shots at the victim, according to police.
The victim was not struck by the gunfire, however the vehicle was struck several times, police said.
Chi was taken into custody in Richmond and booked into Solano County Jail for attempted murder, police said.
Anyone with additional information regarding the case is asked to contact police at (707) 648-4535.
vallejo, guns, shooting, children, north bay news
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers 15 min ago
- Manhunt on for Bay Area ATM robber
- Outkast, The Cure to headline BottleRock in Napa
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- CDC reports rare woman-to-woman HIV transmission
- Overnight stays come to Winchester Mystery House
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Uber insurance policy; BottleRock lineup 32 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos