North Bay News
Missing San Francisco sheriff's deputy's body found
VALLEJO, Calif. -- The body of a missing San Francisco sheriff's deputy was found in the waters of the Vallejo Municipal Marina Monday afternoon.
The search began after the 26-foot vessel was found unoccupied and adrift near the marina around 6:45 a.m., U.S. Coast Guard spokeswoman Lt. Heather Lampert said.
The missing boater associated with the vessel is a San Francisco sheriff's deputy who is on his day off, San Francisco sheriff's spokeswoman Susan Fahey said. The deputy has been identified as 56-year-old Michael Roberts.
Lampert said the boat had keys in the ignition and there was a cellphone onboard.
"It shows someone was recently aboard," she said.
Vallejo police Lt. Kenny Park said the deputy's wallet was also found on the fishing boat.
ABC7 News contributed to this report.
vallejo, boats, north bay news
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- Strong winds destroy boats at Oyster Point
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos