North Bay News
Missing San Francisco sheriff's deputy's body found
VALLEJO, Calif. -- The body of a missing San Francisco sheriff's deputy was found in the waters of the Vallejo Municipal Marina Monday afternoon.
The search began after the 26-foot vessel was found unoccupied and adrift near the marina around 6:45 a.m., U.S. Coast Guard spokeswoman Lt. Heather Lampert said.
The missing boater associated with the vessel is a San Francisco sheriff's deputy who is on his day off, San Francisco sheriff's spokeswoman Susan Fahey said. The deputy has been identified as 56-year-old Michael Roberts.
Lampert said the boat had keys in the ignition and there was a cellphone onboard.
"It shows someone was recently aboard," she said.
Vallejo police Lt. Kenny Park said the deputy's wallet was also found on the fishing boat.
ABC7 News contributed to this report.
vallejo, boats, north bay news
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support 46 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning 25 min ago
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on...
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos