North Bay News
Firefighters battling four wildfires in Sonoma and Napa Counties
NAPA COUNTY, Calif (KGO) -- CAL FIRE crews are working on four wildfires in Napa and Sonoma Counties this morning. Some of the smoke blew into San Francisco and parts of the Bay Area from gusting overnight winds.
Three of the fires are burning right now at Knights Valley in Sonoma County, near Highway 128 and Yellow Jacket Ranch Road. The fires were started by a downed powerline. Those fires are estimated to be 200 acres. Winds gusts of up to 56 mph overnight helped fan the flames.
The fourth fire is in Yountville, near Silverado Trail and Oakville Crossroad. About 75-100 firefighters have been battling the 50 acre blaze and it is about 40 percent contained. The wildfire burned a barn, but no other structures are being threatened.
wildfire, fire, napa county, sonoma county, north bay news, amy hollyfield
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead' 52 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy 58 min ago
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events 10 min ago
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation...
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos