North Bay News
Yellow Fire in Sonoma County fully contained
SONOMA COUNTY, Calif. -- The Yellow Fire that has been burning in Knights Valley in Sonoma County since early Wednesday morning was fully contained as of Friday afternoon, Cal Fire officials said.
The fire, which has burned 125 acres near state Highway 128 and Yellow Jacket Ranch Road northwest of Calistoga, was 97 percent contained as of 6 a.m., fire officials said.
Heavy mop-up and fire suppression work has begun and smoke may still be visible within the fire perimeter for several days, according to CAL FIRE.
The area still burning is in very steep terrain with heavy vegetation, fire officials said.
A total of 245 fire personnel responded to the blaze.
cal fire, wildfire, fire, napa county, sonoma county, calistoga, north bay news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family 27 min ago
- Cold snap brings snow, icy conditions to Bay Area
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Crews investigating cause of water main break
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose 42 min ago
- AMBER Alert suspect may be heading to Mexico
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Police investigating fatal accident in San Jose
- 1 dead, 1 injured in gun battle near Lil Scrappy show
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping 46 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday