North Bay News
Yellow Fire in Sonoma County fully contained
SONOMA COUNTY, Calif. -- The Yellow Fire that has been burning in Knights Valley in Sonoma County since early Wednesday morning was fully contained as of Friday afternoon, Cal Fire officials said.
The fire, which has burned 125 acres near state Highway 128 and Yellow Jacket Ranch Road northwest of Calistoga, was 97 percent contained as of 6 a.m., fire officials said.
Heavy mop-up and fire suppression work has begun and smoke may still be visible within the fire perimeter for several days, according to CAL FIRE.
The area still burning is in very steep terrain with heavy vegetation, fire officials said.
A total of 245 fire personnel responded to the blaze.
cal fire, wildfire, fire, napa county, sonoma county, calistoga, north bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case