North Bay News
Yellow Fire in Sonoma County fully contained
SONOMA COUNTY, Calif. -- The Yellow Fire that has been burning in Knights Valley in Sonoma County since early Wednesday morning was fully contained as of Friday afternoon, Cal Fire officials said.
The fire, which has burned 125 acres near state Highway 128 and Yellow Jacket Ranch Road northwest of Calistoga, was 97 percent contained as of 6 a.m., fire officials said.
Heavy mop-up and fire suppression work has begun and smoke may still be visible within the fire perimeter for several days, according to CAL FIRE.
The area still burning is in very steep terrain with heavy vegetation, fire officials said.
A total of 245 fire personnel responded to the blaze.
cal fire, wildfire, fire, napa county, sonoma county, calistoga, north bay news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 20 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body