North Bay News
Yellow Fire in Sonoma County fully contained
SONOMA COUNTY, Calif. -- The Yellow Fire that has been burning in Knights Valley in Sonoma County since early Wednesday morning was fully contained as of Friday afternoon, Cal Fire officials said.
The fire, which has burned 125 acres near state Highway 128 and Yellow Jacket Ranch Road northwest of Calistoga, was 97 percent contained as of 6 a.m., fire officials said.
Heavy mop-up and fire suppression work has begun and smoke may still be visible within the fire perimeter for several days, according to CAL FIRE.
The area still burning is in very steep terrain with heavy vegetation, fire officials said.
A total of 245 fire personnel responded to the blaze.
cal fire, wildfire, fire, napa county, sonoma county, calistoga, north bay news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday