North Bay News
Yellow Fire in Sonoma County fully contained
SONOMA COUNTY, Calif. -- The Yellow Fire that has been burning in Knights Valley in Sonoma County since early Wednesday morning was fully contained as of Friday afternoon, Cal Fire officials said.
The fire, which has burned 125 acres near state Highway 128 and Yellow Jacket Ranch Road northwest of Calistoga, was 97 percent contained as of 6 a.m., fire officials said.
Heavy mop-up and fire suppression work has begun and smoke may still be visible within the fire perimeter for several days, according to CAL FIRE.
The area still burning is in very steep terrain with heavy vegetation, fire officials said.
A total of 245 fire personnel responded to the blaze.
cal fire, wildfire, fire, napa county, sonoma county, calistoga, north bay news
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice 49 min ago
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Runaway sisters found hiding in neighbor's home
- wls: Baby girl found dead in car seat in Chicago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Cold snap damages plants in Bay Area yards
33 min ago