North Bay News
Crockett fire briefly shuts Interstate 80 lane
CROCKETT, Calif. -- Firefighters are responding to a grass fire near Cummings Skyway and Interstate Highway 80 in Crockett this afternoon.
The fire, which was reported to the California Highway Patrol around 3:49 p.m., briefly prompted the closure of a lane on Interstate 80, but that lane has since reopened, according to the CHP.
Agencies including the Crockett-Carquinez Fire Department and Cal Fire remain on the scene, according to a fire official.
crockett, fire, I-80, north bay news
- One dead, another critical in San Francisco fire 7 min ago
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station 6 min ago
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos