North Bay News
Vacaville teacher accused of lewd conduct with student
VACAVILLE, Calif. -- A Vacaville High School English and drama teacher was arrested Wednesday evening on suspicion of committing lewd and lascivious acts on a female student, police said.
Rodney Orosco, 47, turned himself in to police and was booked on the felony charge in Solano County Jail, Vacaville police Sgt. Chris Polen said.
The girl's family became alarmed after a grandparent saw Orosco carrying the girl across the stage at the school's theater, Polen said.
The girl told her family that Orosco kissed her on three separate occasions, and text messages on the girl's phone supported the allegations, Polen said.
Orosco has taught English at Vacaville High School since 2005, Vacaville Unified School District Superintendent John Niederkorn said in a news release.
Orosco was placed on paid administrative leave on April 15 after district administrators learned of the allegations, and the girl and Orosco were interviewed, Niederkorn said. District officials then notified police.
The school district will complete its investigation into the allegations and will determine if disciplinary action, including possible termination, is warranted, Niederkorn said.
Police are asking anyone with information about the case to call Detective Drew Talton at (707) 469-6621.
In addition, the school district is asking those with information to call Randy Henry, the district's chief human resources officer, at (707) 453-6108.
vacaville, solano county, sex crimes, teachers, north bay news
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Bay Bridge bike path temporarily closed for work 46 min ago
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit 5 min ago
- Scrabble asks fans to choose new word for dictionary 16 min ago
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths 39 min ago
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank' 58 min ago
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Uber insurance policy; BottleRock lineup
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 51 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
47 min ago
- Bay Bridge bike path temporarily closed for...
46 min ago
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's...
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos