North Bay News
Body of missing 9-year-old girl located in Lake County
CLEARLAKE, Calif. (KGO) -- The body of Mikaela Lynch, the 9-year-old girl with autism that had gone missing from her family's home, was located Wednesday morning in a nearby creek.
Mikaela had gone missing from her family's home on Sunday. Her body was discovered in Cache Creek, not far from the yard she had wandered out of.
Outside the rescue command post in Clearlake, the faces and body language expressed disappointment more poignantly than any words.
The announcement came just past noon from Police Chief Craig Clausen.
"Unfortunately we have conclusion to the search; Mikaela has been found, deceased in the water, not far from the residence," he said.
Clausen said divers found the body in Cache Creek, a tributary leading from Clear Lake. He said there is no evidence of foul play, and gave no additional details, but did relay a request from the family for privacy.
lake county, missing person, children, child death, north bay news
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body