North Bay News
2 homes destroyed in Point Reyes fire
Twelve residents were displaced by a fire that destroyed two homes and four cars in the vicinity of Point Reyes National Seashore in Marin County Tuesday night, fire officials said.
Shortly after 8 p.m., the Marin County Fire Department received a report of a fire in a mobile home in the 22000 block of Sir Frances Drake Blvd.
Upon arrival, firefighters found two mobile homes and four cars fully engulfed in flames.
All the residents were evacuated but the two homes and four cars were destroyed, fire officials said.
Six adults and six children were displaced by the fire, according to fire officials.
The Red Cross is providing emergency shelter and supplies for the two displaced families.
The Marin County Fire Marshal, Ross Valley Fire Department, Novato Fire District, Inverness Fire District and the National Park Service assisted with the incident, according to fire officials.
No injuries to fire personnel were reported.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation, fire officials said.
marin county, point reyes, fire, north bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos