North Bay News
Witnesses help Fairfield police arrest robbery suspect
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- Fairfield police are crediting witnesses to a strong-arm robbery earlier this month for providing information that led to the arrest of a suspect on Thursday.
Ladell Willis, 20, of Vallejo, was allegedly one of two suspects who grabbed a woman and tore a necklace from her in the 4700 block of Business Center Drive in Cordelia around 2:30 p.m. on May 3, police Sgt. Rob Lenke said.
Witnesses gave police a description of the suspects and the waiting vehicle in which they fled, Lenke said.
Detectives served a search warrant at a Vallejo residence Thursday and arrested Willis, the primary suspect, for robbery, being a felon in possession of a firearm and possessing an unregistered firearm, Lenke said.
Police also recovered a handgun in the Vallejo residence, Lenke said.
"This is anther example of citizens taking an active role in the safety of their community by being good witnesses and providing critical information to the Police Department," Lenke said.
fairfield, vallejo, crime, violence, guns, north bay news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect
- India says Malaysia seeking help in search for jet 16 min ago
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif. 10 min ago
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail 53 min ago
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 28 min ago
- Boat crashes into rocks near Oyster Point Marina 20 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos