North Bay News
Couple missing after canoe trip found safe
SONOMA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Deputies and search teams located a man and a woman who were reported missing Sunday after a canoe trip on the Russian River.
Officials alerted the public that the man and woman were never missing and that there was a miscommunication.
Investigators said the two are local residents. They told friends they were going to paddle north of Healdsburg Sunday. A worried friend called the sheriff this morning to say the two hadn't returned and weren't answering their cellphones.
Deputies did find their car, parked at the Alexander Valley campground five miles north of Healdsburg. Sheriff's officials say it's not clear what direction the two decided to go on the river.
sonoma county, russian river, missing person, healdsburg, north bay news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy 34 min ago
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 12 min ago
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond 57 min ago
- Good Samaritan helps save lives in North Bay fire
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body 23 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos