North Bay News
Fire put out at housing complex in Vallejo
VALLEJO, Calif. (KGO) -- The Red Cross is helping some residents in Vallejo find a place to stay after an early morning fire at a housing complex for low income seniors.
It broke out at the Casa De Vallejo apartment building on Sonoma Boulevard around one this morning. Firefighters evacuated about 100 people living in the building. Investigators say it started on the 5th floor after someone left a pot on the stove. At least four units were damaged.
The Casa De Vallejo just re-opened in January after a four-alarm fire left three people dead in 2008.
vallejo, fire, north bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash 42 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal 31 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Little progress made in search for missing...
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos