North Bay News
Fire put out at housing complex in Vallejo
VALLEJO, Calif. (KGO) -- The Red Cross is helping some residents in Vallejo find a place to stay after an early morning fire at a housing complex for low income seniors.
It broke out at the Casa De Vallejo apartment building on Sonoma Boulevard around one this morning. Firefighters evacuated about 100 people living in the building. Investigators say it started on the 5th floor after someone left a pot on the stove. At least four units were damaged.
The Casa De Vallejo just re-opened in January after a four-alarm fire left three people dead in 2008.
vallejo, fire, north bay news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket 52 min ago
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Bay Bridge bolt fix running a month behind schedule
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water 5 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions 47 min ago
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Rescued paralyzed dog comforts siblings with autism
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events 48 min ago
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
10 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car...
47 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning...
52 min ago
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos