North Bay News
Woman found dead at Pt. Reyes Natinoal Seashore ID'd
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. -- The Marin County Sheriff's Office has identified the woman who was found dead Thursday in the Point Reyes National Seashore as 31-year-old Trisha Hopfe, an East Bay resident.
Hopfe's body was found by a hiker near Sir Francis Drake Boulevard in the area of Platform Bridge Road around 9:45 a.m. Thursday.
The National Park Service has asked the Marin County Sheriff's Office to investigate the death, sheriff's Lt. Jamie Scardina said.
The sheriff's office is interviewing witnesses to determine a motive, and there is no suspect or suspect description at this time, Scardina said.
Anyone with information is asked to call the sheriff's office at (415) 473-7265.
marin county, point reyes, north bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos