North Bay News
Abalone diver drowns at Salt Point State Park
SALT POINT STATE PARK, Calif. (KGO) -- An abalone diver has drowned in the waters off Northern California. It is the fifth diver death in less than two months.
The Press Democrat reports that on Saturday lifeguards pulled the 61-year-old man from the water off Salt Point State Park. That's about an hour from Guerneville.
This is the third death of an abalone diver at the park.
Two other abalone divers deaths have been reported since late April, one at Shell Beach and another off Fort Bragg in Mendocino County.
water, north bay news
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Runaway sisters found hiding in neighbor's home
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Inside look at SF Ballet's 'Nutcracker'
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos