North Bay News
Abalone diver drowns at Salt Point State Park
SALT POINT STATE PARK, Calif. (KGO) -- An abalone diver has drowned in the waters off Northern California. It is the fifth diver death in less than two months.
The Press Democrat reports that on Saturday lifeguards pulled the 61-year-old man from the water off Salt Point State Park. That's about an hour from Guerneville.
This is the third death of an abalone diver at the park.
Two other abalone divers deaths have been reported since late April, one at Shell Beach and another off Fort Bragg in Mendocino County.
water, north bay news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...