North Bay News
Yoda, Indiana Jones statues unveiled in San Anselmo
SAN ANSELMO, Calif. (KGO) -- Filmmaker George Lucas brought a bit of Hollywood to Downtown San Anselmo Thursday. A new park features bronze statues of Yoda and Indiana Jones.
The statues of the iconic characters from George Lucas' movies were unveiled at a special ceremony at Imagination Park.
Lucas, who lives in San Anselmo, donated the land and paid for the park plans.
"I've lived here for 40 years and I had the building here. It was very hard to lease it why not do something for the town and give it a center, a place for kids to come and be and sit around on Sunday afternoons," said George Lucas.
Lucas says Yoda and Indiana Jones had special significance because the movies and characters were created in San Anselmo.
san anselmo, movies, north bay news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Perfect Pet: Isabella
2 min ago