North Bay News
Yoda, Indiana Jones statues unveiled in San Anselmo
SAN ANSELMO, Calif. (KGO) -- Filmmaker George Lucas brought a bit of Hollywood to Downtown San Anselmo Thursday. A new park features bronze statues of Yoda and Indiana Jones.
The statues of the iconic characters from George Lucas' movies were unveiled at a special ceremony at Imagination Park.
Lucas, who lives in San Anselmo, donated the land and paid for the park plans.
"I've lived here for 40 years and I had the building here. It was very hard to lease it why not do something for the town and give it a center, a place for kids to come and be and sit around on Sunday afternoons," said George Lucas.
Lucas says Yoda and Indiana Jones had special significance because the movies and characters were created in San Anselmo.
san anselmo, movies, north bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire