North Bay News
Yoda, Indiana Jones statues unveiled in San Anselmo
SAN ANSELMO, Calif. (KGO) -- Filmmaker George Lucas brought a bit of Hollywood to Downtown San Anselmo Thursday. A new park features bronze statues of Yoda and Indiana Jones.
The statues of the iconic characters from George Lucas' movies were unveiled at a special ceremony at Imagination Park.
Lucas, who lives in San Anselmo, donated the land and paid for the park plans.
"I've lived here for 40 years and I had the building here. It was very hard to lease it why not do something for the town and give it a center, a place for kids to come and be and sit around on Sunday afternoons," said George Lucas.
Lucas says Yoda and Indiana Jones had special significance because the movies and characters were created in San Anselmo.
san anselmo, movies, north bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley 16 min ago
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University 54 min ago
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating 29 min ago
- Mother, toddler endure violent home invasion robbery 11 min ago
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Fresno police seek suspects in teacher's shooting 34 min ago
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday