North Bay News
Man burned while allegedly making hash oil
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- A man was critically injured in an explosion that occurred while he was making hash oil in the bathroom of his Santa Rosa apartment on Tuesday night, a police sergeant said.
Miguel Ceja, 31, was making "honey oil," which is extracted from marijuana, in the apartment at 934 Clark St. around 8 p.m. when the explosion happened, Santa Rosa police Sgt. David Linscomb said.
Linscomb said the extremely combustible butane Ceja was using in the manufacturing process was ignited by a heat source, possibly a furnace pilot.
Ceja suffered severe burns over most of his body and was taken to a hospital by his girlfriend, Linscomb said. He was later flown to St. Francis Memorial Hospital in San Francisco for treatment of life-threatening burns.
Two women who were in the second-story apartment near downtown Santa Rosa were not injured, Linscomb said.
The Santa Rosa police and fire departments are investigating the incident.
santa rosa, fire, north bay news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Pa. man wins $1M Picasso with $138 raffle ticket
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 8 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos