North Bay News
Police chase ends in fatal shooting in Vacaville
VACAVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- In Vacaville on Thursday night a police chase ended in a fatal shooting.
It began when police tried to pull over a driver just after 7 p.m. According to Vacaville police, the driver tried to run over an officer, then jumped out of the car with some kind of weapon and charged the officer.
That's when the officer shot the suspect who is described as a man in his 20s.
As of 11 p.m. police blocked off part of Ulatis Drive from Mills Road to Stoneybrook Lane.
vacaville, shooting, north bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday