North Bay News
Marin County rescue team saves 19-year-old in Yosemite
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- The Marin County Search and Rescue Team helped save a 19-year-old man in Yosemite over the weekend.
The members, who are all volunteers, were in the park training when some hikers said a man had fallen and was stuck at the edge of Vernal Fall.
The team secured some lines and then assisted Yosemite rangers as they pulled the man to safety and then carried him down the mountain.
Photo courtesy Marin County Search and Rescue's Facebook page.
marin county, yosemite, rescue, north bay news
- Palo Alto man detained in NKorea lands at SFO
- Cold snap brings snow, icy conditions to Bay Area
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Police investigating fatal accident in San Jose 4 min ago
- AMBER Alert suspect may be heading to Mexico 41 min ago
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- 1 dead, 1 injured in gun battle near Lil Scrappy show
- Report: Occidental again underreports sex assaults 9 min ago
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area 37 min ago
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday