North Bay News
Marin County rescue team saves 19-year-old in Yosemite
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- The Marin County Search and Rescue Team helped save a 19-year-old man in Yosemite over the weekend.
The members, who are all volunteers, were in the park training when some hikers said a man had fallen and was stuck at the edge of Vernal Fall.
The team secured some lines and then assisted Yosemite rangers as they pulled the man to safety and then carried him down the mountain.
Photo courtesy Marin County Search and Rescue's Facebook page.
marin county, yosemite, rescue, north bay news
- Campbell police seek witnesses in fatal stabbing
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY
- DUI checkpoints dot the Bay Area on St. Paddy's Day 5 min ago
- Police search for clues in fatal Concord hit-and-run
- Putin declares Crimea 'sovereign and independent'
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- New book reveals Steve Jobs nixed Apple TV idea 6 min ago
- GitHub employee quits; Alleges sexism in workplace 34 min ago
- Man fatally struck by train in Berkeley this morning
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- DUI checkpoints dot the Bay Area on St....
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos