North Bay News
Sonoma County officials investigate 13-year-old's death
SONOMA, Calif. -- A 13-year-old Sonoma County girl was found unresponsive in her home and died at a hospital on Saturday night, according to the sheriff's office.
Deputies responded to a reported of an unconscious girl in the community of Agua Caliente near Sonoma at about 10:30 p.m., according to the Sonoma County Sheriff's Office.
An ambulance took the girl to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead shortly after arriving, the sheriff's office said. The cause of death has not been determined.
Investigators do not suspect foul play and are investigating the incident.
It has not been determined if drugs or alcohol were a factor in the girl's death.
sonoma, sonoma county, children, north bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Crews placing grass at 49ers' Levi's Stadium
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court 57 min ago
- SF Mayor pledges to fix public housing elevators 14 min ago
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear...
57 min ago