North Bay News
Vallejo man shot while sitting in car in Marin City
MARIN CITY, Cailf. -- A 21-year-old Vallejo man was shot at least twice in the chest as he sat in his car in Marin City on Thursday night, a Marin County sheriff's lieutenant said.
The victim was taken to Marin General Hospital where he underwent surgery, Lt. Jamie Scardina said.
The shooting happened around 7:30 p.m. in a parking lot in the 200 block of Drake Avenue. There were 20 to 30 people in the parking lot at the time of the shooting, Scardina said.
The suspect is a black male, 5 feet 9 inches tall with a slim build who was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, Scardina said.
The sheriff's office is asking anyone with information to call (415) 479-2311 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
vallejo, marin city, crime, shooting, guns, violence, north bay news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday