North Bay News
Vallejo man shot while sitting in car in Marin City
MARIN CITY, Cailf. -- A 21-year-old Vallejo man was shot at least twice in the chest as he sat in his car in Marin City on Thursday night, a Marin County sheriff's lieutenant said.
The victim was taken to Marin General Hospital where he underwent surgery, Lt. Jamie Scardina said.
The shooting happened around 7:30 p.m. in a parking lot in the 200 block of Drake Avenue. There were 20 to 30 people in the parking lot at the time of the shooting, Scardina said.
The suspect is a black male, 5 feet 9 inches tall with a slim build who was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, Scardina said.
The sheriff's office is asking anyone with information to call (415) 479-2311 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
vallejo, marin city, crime, shooting, guns, violence, north bay news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos