North Bay News
Marin City man suspected of fatally stabbing mother arrested in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- An armed man suspected of stabbing his mother to death in Marin City was shot and wounded by police in San Francisco.
At about 11:10 p.m. Friday, sheriff's deputies received a request for a welfare check at a residence on Cole Drive near Drake Avenue.
According to Lt. Jamie Scardina, a person who lives at the residence had returned home to find the front living room of the residence covered in blood. The resident then left the apartment and went to a neighbor's home to call 911.
When deputies arrived they found 44-year-old Rosa Aldana in a bedroom with multiple stab wounds. Despite CPR efforts, she was pronounced dead by medical personnel at the scene.
Meanwhile, the California Highway Patrol received a report of man covered in blood and in possession of a knife boarding a Golden Gate Transit bus. He boarded the San Francisco-bound bus at the Donahue Street bus stop in Marin City.
The bus continued southbound on Highway 101 and into San Francisco. U.S. Park Police located the suspect, 22-year-old Carlos Aldana, as he was getting off the bus at Fillmore and Chestnut streets in the city's Marina District.
Officers say they fired after the suspect threatened them with a knife. He was transported to San Francisco General Hospital where he's being treated for multiple gunshot wounds. Once he's cleared, police say he'll be booked into the Marin County Jail.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Sheriff's Office at 415-479-2311. Those who wish to remain anonymous can call Bay Area Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS.
marin city, marina district, SFPD, crime, murder, violence, north bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire