North Bay News
Marin City man suspected of fatally stabbing mother arrested in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- An armed man suspected of stabbing his mother to death in Marin City was shot and wounded by police in San Francisco.
At about 11:10 p.m. Friday, sheriff's deputies received a request for a welfare check at a residence on Cole Drive near Drake Avenue.
According to Lt. Jamie Scardina, a person who lives at the residence had returned home to find the front living room of the residence covered in blood. The resident then left the apartment and went to a neighbor's home to call 911.
When deputies arrived they found 44-year-old Rosa Aldana in a bedroom with multiple stab wounds. Despite CPR efforts, she was pronounced dead by medical personnel at the scene.
Meanwhile, the California Highway Patrol received a report of man covered in blood and in possession of a knife boarding a Golden Gate Transit bus. He boarded the San Francisco-bound bus at the Donahue Street bus stop in Marin City.
The bus continued southbound on Highway 101 and into San Francisco. U.S. Park Police located the suspect, 22-year-old Carlos Aldana, as he was getting off the bus at Fillmore and Chestnut streets in the city's Marina District.
Officers say they fired after the suspect threatened them with a knife. He was transported to San Francisco General Hospital where he's being treated for multiple gunshot wounds. Once he's cleared, police say he'll be booked into the Marin County Jail.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Sheriff's Office at 415-479-2311. Those who wish to remain anonymous can call Bay Area Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS.
marin city, marina district, SFPD, crime, murder, violence, north bay news
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore 32 min ago
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions 51 min ago
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual 24 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims 10 min ago
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 59 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART,...
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos