North Bay News
18-year-old killed, 2 juveniles injured in Vallejo shooting
VALLEJO, Calif. -- An 18-year-old man was killed and two juveniles were injured in a shooting near City Park in Vallejo late Friday night, according to police.
At 11:22 p.m. Vallejo police received a report that multiple people had been shot while in a vehicle in the 600 block of Louisiana Street.
Officers arrived at the scene to find a white Honda parked in the street and riddled with bullet holes on the driver's side.
Emergency medical personnel pronounced the 18-year-old driver dead at the scene, according to police.
The victim's name is being withheld pending the notification of his next of kin, police said.
Two juveniles in the car were also shot. A 16-year-old victim was taken to a local hospital with injuries not considered life-threatening, police said.
A 15-year-old victim sustained serious injuries and was transported to a local trauma center. He is in serious condition this morning, according to police.
According to witnesses of the shooting, a brown vehicle similar to a Honda, drove by the victim's car and opened fire, police said.
The vehicle was last seen traveling northbound on Marin Street from Louisiana Street.
Police are working to uncover a motive for the shooting as well as suspect information.
This homicide marks Vallejo's 15th this year, police said.
Anyone with information regarding this shooting is asked to contact Detective M. Mustard or Detective F. Rodriguez at (800) 488-9383.
Information may also be delivered anonymously to the Solano Crime Stoppers tip line at (707) 644-STOP.
Solano Crime Stoppers offer cash rewards for phone tips that solve violent and/or serious crimes.
vallejo, crime, shooting, north bay news
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos