North Bay News
18-year-old killed, 2 juveniles injured in Vallejo shooting
VALLEJO, Calif. -- An 18-year-old man was killed and two juveniles were injured in a shooting near City Park in Vallejo late Friday night, according to police.
At 11:22 p.m. Vallejo police received a report that multiple people had been shot while in a vehicle in the 600 block of Louisiana Street.
Officers arrived at the scene to find a white Honda parked in the street and riddled with bullet holes on the driver's side.
Emergency medical personnel pronounced the 18-year-old driver dead at the scene, according to police.
The victim's name is being withheld pending the notification of his next of kin, police said.
Two juveniles in the car were also shot. A 16-year-old victim was taken to a local hospital with injuries not considered life-threatening, police said.
A 15-year-old victim sustained serious injuries and was transported to a local trauma center. He is in serious condition this morning, according to police.
According to witnesses of the shooting, a brown vehicle similar to a Honda, drove by the victim's car and opened fire, police said.
The vehicle was last seen traveling northbound on Marin Street from Louisiana Street.
Police are working to uncover a motive for the shooting as well as suspect information.
This homicide marks Vallejo's 15th this year, police said.
Anyone with information regarding this shooting is asked to contact Detective M. Mustard or Detective F. Rodriguez at (800) 488-9383.
Information may also be delivered anonymously to the Solano Crime Stoppers tip line at (707) 644-STOP.
Solano Crime Stoppers offer cash rewards for phone tips that solve violent and/or serious crimes.
vallejo, crime, shooting, north bay news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday