North Bay News
18-year-old killed, 2 juveniles injured in Vallejo shooting
VALLEJO, Calif. -- An 18-year-old man was killed and two juveniles were injured in a shooting near City Park in Vallejo late Friday night, according to police.
At 11:22 p.m. Vallejo police received a report that multiple people had been shot while in a vehicle in the 600 block of Louisiana Street.
Officers arrived at the scene to find a white Honda parked in the street and riddled with bullet holes on the driver's side.
Emergency medical personnel pronounced the 18-year-old driver dead at the scene, according to police.
The victim's name is being withheld pending the notification of his next of kin, police said.
Two juveniles in the car were also shot. A 16-year-old victim was taken to a local hospital with injuries not considered life-threatening, police said.
A 15-year-old victim sustained serious injuries and was transported to a local trauma center. He is in serious condition this morning, according to police.
According to witnesses of the shooting, a brown vehicle similar to a Honda, drove by the victim's car and opened fire, police said.
The vehicle was last seen traveling northbound on Marin Street from Louisiana Street.
Police are working to uncover a motive for the shooting as well as suspect information.
This homicide marks Vallejo's 15th this year, police said.
Anyone with information regarding this shooting is asked to contact Detective M. Mustard or Detective F. Rodriguez at (800) 488-9383.
Information may also be delivered anonymously to the Solano Crime Stoppers tip line at (707) 644-STOP.
Solano Crime Stoppers offer cash rewards for phone tips that solve violent and/or serious crimes.
vallejo, crime, shooting, north bay news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket 17 min ago
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition 33 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Bay Bridge bolt fix running a month behind schedule
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water 54 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions 12 min ago
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 53 min ago
- Woman distracted by FB on phone falls off pier
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music 34 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events 13 min ago
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car...
12 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning...
17 min ago
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos