North Bay News
Suspect in assault at Petaluma boat dock arrested
PETALUMA, Calif. -- A man who pulled a gun on another man in the Petaluma Marina's boat docks last week has been arrested, police said.
Police arrested Damien Christensen, 35, of Petaluma, on Thursday evening in connection with an assault last Friday.
At about 7:15 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 30, police responded to a report of a man who pulled a gun on another man down by boat docks at the Petaluma Marina.
A reporting party who was familiar with both the suspect and the victim witnessed the incident.
According to police, the victim left the area and could not be reached following the assault.
The victim later contacted Petaluma police and assisted police in identifying the suspect.
Police said officers then obtained an arrest warrant for Christensen with the victim's help.
Christensen was located at the boat docks on Thursday afternoon and arrested for alleged assault with a deadly weapon, criminal threats and false imprisonments, police said.
He was taken into custody without further incident.
petaluma, crime, north bay news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist 12 min ago
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos