North Bay News
Suspect in assault at Petaluma boat dock arrested
PETALUMA, Calif. -- A man who pulled a gun on another man in the Petaluma Marina's boat docks last week has been arrested, police said.
Police arrested Damien Christensen, 35, of Petaluma, on Thursday evening in connection with an assault last Friday.
At about 7:15 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 30, police responded to a report of a man who pulled a gun on another man down by boat docks at the Petaluma Marina.
A reporting party who was familiar with both the suspect and the victim witnessed the incident.
According to police, the victim left the area and could not be reached following the assault.
The victim later contacted Petaluma police and assisted police in identifying the suspect.
Police said officers then obtained an arrest warrant for Christensen with the victim's help.
Christensen was located at the boat docks on Thursday afternoon and arrested for alleged assault with a deadly weapon, criminal threats and false imprisonments, police said.
He was taken into custody without further incident.
petaluma, crime, north bay news
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Oakland A's reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan