North Bay News
Suspect in assault at Petaluma boat dock arrested
PETALUMA, Calif. -- A man who pulled a gun on another man in the Petaluma Marina's boat docks last week has been arrested, police said.
Police arrested Damien Christensen, 35, of Petaluma, on Thursday evening in connection with an assault last Friday.
At about 7:15 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 30, police responded to a report of a man who pulled a gun on another man down by boat docks at the Petaluma Marina.
A reporting party who was familiar with both the suspect and the victim witnessed the incident.
According to police, the victim left the area and could not be reached following the assault.
The victim later contacted Petaluma police and assisted police in identifying the suspect.
Police said officers then obtained an arrest warrant for Christensen with the victim's help.
Christensen was located at the boat docks on Thursday afternoon and arrested for alleged assault with a deadly weapon, criminal threats and false imprisonments, police said.
He was taken into custody without further incident.
petaluma, crime, north bay news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- US approves California's new K-12 testing plan 12 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Lonely Michigan boy gets surprise party on GMA
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday