North Bay News
Crash downs power lines, shuts down Point Reyes Petaluma Blvd.
PETALUMA, Calif. -- A busy roadway in unincorporated Marin County near Novato is closed due to downed power lines from an earlier crash that caused multiple injuries, according to a California Highway Patrol officer.
Around 9:10 a.m., a car drove into a power pole near the intersection of Point Reyes Petaluma Road and Novato Boulevard, bringing power lines down across the roadway, CHP Officer Andrew Barclay said.
A bicyclist was apparently struck by the car during the crash and a second cyclist appears to have fallen after colliding with a downed power line, according to the CHP.
The cyclists and the driver of the car were taken to hospitals with minor to moderate injuries, according to the CHP.
A roughly three-mile stretch of Point Reyes Petaluma Road between Novato Boulevard and McEvoy Ranch was shut down due to the downed power lines and crash scene, according to the CHP.
Barclay said there was no estimate for when the roadway would reopen and advised motorists to avoid the area.
crash, petaluma, north bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- Man arrested after standoff in San Francisco
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Consumer Reports tests gray hair touch up products
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Boy struck by car
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos