North Bay News
Police identify teen killed in drive-by shooting in Vallejo
VALLEJO, Calif. -- Vallejo police have released the name of a young man who was fatally shot while sitting in a parked car with two other teens on Louisiana Street on Friday night as 18-year-old Jose Alfredo Deharo.
Deharo and two juveniles, ages 15 and 16, were shot at about 11:20 p.m. while sitting in a white Honda in the 600 block of Louisiana Street, near City Park. Investigators found the Honda riddled with bullets on the driver's side, police said.
Deharo, a Vallejo resident, was pronounced dead at the scene. The 16-year-old's injuries were not life-threatening and he was taken to a hospital, police Lt. Kevin Bartlett said.
The 15-year-old victim suffered serious injuries and was also hospitalized, Bartlett said.
Witnesses said a brown vehicle similar to a Honda drove by the victims' car and someone inside opened fire, Bartlett said. The suspect vehicle was last seen traveling north on Marin Street.
Police have not released any information about a possible motive for the killing, which marked Vallejo's 15th homicide this year.
Anyone with information regarding this shooting is asked to contact Detective M. Mustard or Detective F. Rodriguez at (800) 488-9383.
Information may also be delivered anonymously to the Solano Crime Stoppers tip line at (707) 644-STOP.
vallejo, crime, shooting, north bay news
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday