North Bay News
Police identify teen killed in drive-by shooting in Vallejo
VALLEJO, Calif. -- Vallejo police have released the name of a young man who was fatally shot while sitting in a parked car with two other teens on Louisiana Street on Friday night as 18-year-old Jose Alfredo Deharo.
Deharo and two juveniles, ages 15 and 16, were shot at about 11:20 p.m. while sitting in a white Honda in the 600 block of Louisiana Street, near City Park. Investigators found the Honda riddled with bullets on the driver's side, police said.
Deharo, a Vallejo resident, was pronounced dead at the scene. The 16-year-old's injuries were not life-threatening and he was taken to a hospital, police Lt. Kevin Bartlett said.
The 15-year-old victim suffered serious injuries and was also hospitalized, Bartlett said.
Witnesses said a brown vehicle similar to a Honda drove by the victims' car and someone inside opened fire, Bartlett said. The suspect vehicle was last seen traveling north on Marin Street.
Police have not released any information about a possible motive for the killing, which marked Vallejo's 15th homicide this year.
Anyone with information regarding this shooting is asked to contact Detective M. Mustard or Detective F. Rodriguez at (800) 488-9383.
Information may also be delivered anonymously to the Solano Crime Stoppers tip line at (707) 644-STOP.
vallejo, crime, shooting, north bay news
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 37 min ago
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...