North Bay News
Police identify teen killed in drive-by shooting in Vallejo
VALLEJO, Calif. -- Vallejo police have released the name of a young man who was fatally shot while sitting in a parked car with two other teens on Louisiana Street on Friday night as 18-year-old Jose Alfredo Deharo.
Deharo and two juveniles, ages 15 and 16, were shot at about 11:20 p.m. while sitting in a white Honda in the 600 block of Louisiana Street, near City Park. Investigators found the Honda riddled with bullets on the driver's side, police said.
Deharo, a Vallejo resident, was pronounced dead at the scene. The 16-year-old's injuries were not life-threatening and he was taken to a hospital, police Lt. Kevin Bartlett said.
The 15-year-old victim suffered serious injuries and was also hospitalized, Bartlett said.
Witnesses said a brown vehicle similar to a Honda drove by the victims' car and someone inside opened fire, Bartlett said. The suspect vehicle was last seen traveling north on Marin Street.
Police have not released any information about a possible motive for the killing, which marked Vallejo's 15th homicide this year.
Anyone with information regarding this shooting is asked to contact Detective M. Mustard or Detective F. Rodriguez at (800) 488-9383.
Information may also be delivered anonymously to the Solano Crime Stoppers tip line at (707) 644-STOP.
vallejo, crime, shooting, north bay news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child 45 min ago
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday