North Bay News
Police search for man accused of sexually assaulting housekeeper
ROHNERT PARK, Calif. -- Police are searching for a suspect who sexually assaulted a housekeeper at a Doubletree Hotel in Rohnert Park on Friday afternoon.
At about 3:45 p.m., police received a report that a female housekeeper had been attacked as she was cleaning one of the hotel rooms.
The victim told police she first saw the suspect walking toward the hotel from the area of Rogers Plaza at 101 Golf Course Drive.
She told police that she was cleaning the patio of a first floor room when she was attacked.
As she was cleaning, the suspect grabbed her from behind and put a knife to her throat, police said.
He forced her through the sliding doors into the room and told her not to scream.
The suspect then tied the victim up and began to sexually assault her. She was able to fight the suspect off and started to scream, police said.
According to police, the suspect ran out of the room back in the direction of Rogers Plaza.
The housekeeper was able to call for help and another employee reported the assault to police.
Police said the suspect is described as a black male, between 30 and 40 years of age, standing about 5 feet 10 inches tall with a thin build.
He has a tattoo of writing on the side of his neck, police said.
The suspect was wearing a white button-down shirt, black dress pants and black gloves at the time of the attack, according to police.
Officers searched the area and surrounding businesses for the suspect, but have not found him.
Police took the victim to the hospital for treatment and further investigation.
Anyone with information regarding the assault or the suspect is urged to contact Detective Tara Douglas at the Rohnert Park Department of Public Safety at (707) 588-3526.
rohnert park, sex crimes, crime, north bay news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations 25 min ago
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits 49 min ago
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday