North Bay News
Police seek man accused of sexually assaulting hotel housekeeper
ROHNERT PARK, Calif. (KGO) -- Rohnert Park police continue to look for clues and a suspect after a housekeeper at a hotel was attacked. She was working when the suspect grabbed her from behind and put a knife to her throat. He then forced her into a bedroom, tied her up, and sexually assaulted her.
"That's very unusual to hear something like that happening in a place like this," hotel guest Larry Crosley said.
The Doubletree Hotel in Rohnert Park is known for its golf course, tennis courts and restaurants. Guests had no idea what happened.
"Very shocking because in a hotel room, especially of this caliber of hotel, you'd think you would be more safe than that. I don't care if you are a guest or an employee, you should be safe," hotel guest Pamela Mcintyer said.
Hotel management released this statement: "The well being, safety and security of our team members and our guests is of paramount importance."
Those who have worked in the hotel industry for years admit that this type of attack is rare, but possible.
"We have staff over here who is like family to us and if something like that ever happened to them it would be heart breaking," America's Best Value Inn & Suites owner Trisha Patel said.
Patel and her family own Americas Best Value Inn & Suites in Santa Rosa.
She regularly walks the property, checks rooms, and watches the front desk alone.
Like at the Doubletree Hotel, security cameras are set up throughout the hotel Patel owns as well.
Rohnert Park police refused to talk to ABC7 News on camera, but did release a description of the suspect. Police said the suspect is described as a black male, between 30 and 40 years of age, standing about 5 feet 10 inches tall with a thin build. He has a tattoo of writing on the right side of his neck.
rohnert park, sex crimes, crime, north bay news, lisa amin gulezian
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found 52 min ago
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Thousands protest ahead of Fukushima anniversary
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible 52 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts 40 min ago
- Footage examined to ID two with stolen...
27 min ago