North Bay News
Police search for armed carjacker in Suisun City
SUISUN CITY, Calif. -- Police are searching for an armed carjacker who forced his victim to withdraw cash from an ATM machine in Suisun City on Saturday morning.
At about 8:15 a.m., a Suisun City resident was getting out of his bronze 2009 Toyota Venza in the 700 block of Sunset Avenue when a suspect approached and hit him in the face, according to Suisun City police.
The suspect, who was armed with a gun and a knife, forced the victim back into his car and drove him to an ATM machine, where he withdrew an undisclosed amount of cash, police said.
The victim was then driven to the area of Lagoon Valley Park in Vacaville where he was ordered to get out of the car, police said.
The suspect fled the area in the stolen car.
The victim was able to flag down a bystander, who called police. He suffered minor injuries in the carjacking, police said.
The suspect, who is considered armed and dangerous, has not been found, police said.
He is described as a tall, heavyset Hispanic man in his late 20s or early 30s. He was wearing an orange shirt.
The stolen Toyota Venza has the California license No. 6HFV252.
Anyone who sees the vehicle or the suspect should call 911 or the Suisun City Police Department at (707) 421-7373.
suisun city, crime, carjacking, north bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF 11 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks 52 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
11 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting...
52 min ago