North Bay News
Three sick due to E. coli in Marin County
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- In Marin County health officials are investigating three confirmed and one presumed case of E. coli. Three of the four patients are children and the other, an adult, all live in either Tiburon or Inverness.
Our media partner, The Marin Independent Journal, reports two of the children sickened have been hospitalized.
Officials are trying to find out if there is some link between the victims, such as eating at the same place.
E. coli infection usually happens by eating food that's contaminated.
Symptoms include cramping and intestinal problems.
marin county, tiburon, children, north bay news
- Man survives fiery explosion at Hayward home 28 min ago
- EMT killed in fiery crash on I-580 remembered 13 min ago
- Brisk sales raise Mega Millions jackpot to $425M
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions
- Big-rig accident blocks WB I-580 lanes in Pleasanton
- String of water mains break overnight in Millbrae 46 min ago
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael
- Beyonce releases new iTunes-exclusive album
- Journey guitarist to get married in SF on pay-per-view
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday