North Bay News
1 dead, 3 injured in Sonoma County crash
SONOMA COUNTY, Calif. -- A Jaguar driven by a suspected drunken driver veered into a Toyota on state Highway 121 in Sonoma County Tuesday night, killing the passenger in the Jaguar and injuring the other three occupants of the two cars -- including a 5-year-old girl, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash was reported shortly after 7 p.m. on the highway near Meadowlark Lane, just north of the Sonoma Raceway and the Viansa Winery, the CHP said.
The 97 Jaguar was driving south on the highway as the Toyota Corolla, driven by a 26-year-old Greenbrae man with a 5-year-old girl in the backseat, was driving north.
The Jaguar was passing other cars as it approached the Toyota and then lost control and veered into the path of the Toyota, the CHP said.
The Toyota hit the right front side of the Jaguar, killing that car's passenger, a 26-year-old man.
The 5-year-old girl who was riding in the Toyota was rushed to Children's Hospital in Oakland with major injuries. The Toyota's driver was taken by ground to Queen of the Valley Medical Center in Napa also with major injuries, the CHP said.
The Jaguar's driver, identified as 25-year-old Damodar Chandradas, was airlifted by a CHP helicopter to Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital with major injuries. Chandradas is suspected of driving under the influence during the crash, the CHP said.
CHP officials could not say whether any of the three transported to the hospital were expected to survive their injuries.
sonoma county, north bay news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found 19 min ago
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88 41 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school 33 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- 1 dead, 3 injured in North Richmond shooting 52 min ago
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs 24 min ago
- Thousands protest ahead of Fukushima anniversary 7 min ago
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at...
33 min ago