North Bay News
Hwy. 101 in Novato area closing Sunday for power line installation
NOVATO, Calif. -- Both directions of U.S. Highway 101 in the Novato area will be closed between 2 a.m. and 9 a.m. Sunday so PG&E crews can install new power lines, the California Highway Patrol said.
The highway will be closed between Ignacio and Rowland boulevards, an area that includes access to and from state Highway 37, CHP Officer Andrew Barclay said.
Instead of one solid closure, the CHP will close the highway for approximately 15 minutes at a time, Barclay said.
After the 15-minute time period, traffic will be allowed to flow for approximately 15 minutes until the next 15-minute closure, Barclay said.
PG&E is installing the new power lines all around the state Highway 37 area, Barclay said.
A full highway closure would require detours into neighborhoods and increase traffic on their streets, Barclay said.
"Sunday morning traffic is the lightest throughout the week in Marin so we hope that this will allow the least amount of impact on drivers who are out," Barclay said.
novato, highway 101, PG&E, north bay news
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday 53 min ago
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos