North Bay News
School bus catches on fire near Waldo Tunnel
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. -- A school bus carrying students caught fire this morning on southbound U.S. Highway 101 near Sausalito but no injuries were reported, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The fire occurred at about 7 a.m., just north of the Golden Gate Bridge near the Waldo Tunnel, according to the CHP.
The students on board were transferred to another bus without incident, according to the CHP.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
marin county, sausalito, fire, north bay news
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance 51 min ago
- Cause of Mountain View house fire investigated
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park
- Woman Canadian goalie debuts in men's league 56 min ago
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- Two killed by suspected DUI driver in in Santa Rosa
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos