North Bay News
Violent home invasion robbery in Santa Rosa investigated
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- Investigators are working to identify the armed suspects wanted in connection with a bloody home invasion robbery in Santa Rosa on Wednesday evening, police said.
At about 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Santa Rosa police received a report of a home invasion robbery in the 1900 block of Spinnaker Place near Piner Road, police said.
Witnesses said several armed men enter the home and held a family, including a six-year-old boy, at gunpoint, according to police.
Officers arrived at the home and found a bloody scene inside. One man had been severely beaten by the suspects, police said.
During the altercation a round was fired from a gun, but no one was struck by the gunfire, according to police.
Officers said it is likely that the robbers entered the home looking for marijuana and cash.
The victim was taken to the hospital and is being treated for his injuries, police said.
The Santa Rosa Police Department's Violent Crimes Team is investigating the robbery. No suspect information has yet to be released.
Anyone with information regarding the identity of the suspects is asked to call Santa Rosa police at (707) 543-3590.
santa rosa, children, crime, violence, guns, marijuana, north bay news
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire 3 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos