North Bay News
Vallejo police seek shooting suspect who fled in boat
VALLEJO, Calif. -- One man has been arrested and another is at large after the pair allegedly shot a man and fled in a boat in Vallejo on Friday, according to a Solano County Sheriff's Office spokesman.
The shooting occurred shortly before 2 p.m. near the intersection of Sacramento Street and state Highway 37 on the outskirts of Vallejo, sheriff's spokesman Daryl Snedeker said.
Deputies and Vallejo police officers arrived to find a man suffering from two bullet wounds. He was taken to a hospital where he was listed in stable condition today, Snedeker said.
The victim told deputies that he had gotten into an argument with two men, who then shot him and fled on a small aluminum boat headed toward the San Pablo Bay, the spokesman said.
Deputies put out a description of the suspects and their boat, which was located a short time later by a U.S. Coast Guard boat in the San Pablo Bay.
Only one man was found aboard the aluminum boat. He was taken back to the U.S. Coast Guard office in Vallejo and identified as 58-year-old John Sauerzopf of American Canyon.
Sauerzopf was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and conspiracy and taken to Solano County Jail.
Snedeker said investigators continue to search for the second suspect, identified as Wayne William Robbins, a 52-year-old transient from Vallejo.
A warrant has been issued for Robbins' arrest and an investigation into the Friday afternoon shooting is ongoing.
Anyone with information about the shooting or Robbins' whereabouts is asked to call the Solano County Sheriff's Office at (707) 421-7090
vallejo, boats, shooting, crime, guns, violence, homeless, north bay news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found 27 min ago
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs 56 min ago
- Thousands protest ahead of Fukushima anniversary 39 min ago
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible 27 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts 15 min ago
- Footage examined to ID two with stolen...
2 min ago