East Palo Alto man killed in drive-by shooting
EAST PALO ALTO, CA -- A 20-year-old man was killed in an apparent drive-by shooting in East Palo Alto Thursday afternoon, according to police.
Officers went to 2524 Illinois Avenue at about 4:50 p.m. after the Police Department's Shotspotter system notified them of gunshots in the area, according to police.
Arriving officers found East Palo Alto resident Isaiah Pittman on his back in a driveway suffering multiple gunshot wounds to his torso and legs. Pittman was taken to hospital where he underwent surgery, but later succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead.
Witnesses told police the victim had been standing in front of the home on Illinois Avenue when a red older-model sedan drove up and stopped. Two people inside the car with handguns opened fire from side windows and shot the victim several times before driving away.
Any witnesses or anyone with information regarding the homicide is asked to call East Palo Alto police Detective John Norden at (650) 853-3177, the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (650) 853-8477, or the murder hotline at (888) MURDER-0.
east palo alto, crime, drive by shooting, peninsula news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday