East Palo Alto man killed in drive-by shooting
EAST PALO ALTO, CA -- A 20-year-old man was killed in an apparent drive-by shooting in East Palo Alto Thursday afternoon, according to police.
Officers went to 2524 Illinois Avenue at about 4:50 p.m. after the Police Department's Shotspotter system notified them of gunshots in the area, according to police.
Arriving officers found East Palo Alto resident Isaiah Pittman on his back in a driveway suffering multiple gunshot wounds to his torso and legs. Pittman was taken to hospital where he underwent surgery, but later succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead.
Witnesses told police the victim had been standing in front of the home on Illinois Avenue when a red older-model sedan drove up and stopped. Two people inside the car with handguns opened fire from side windows and shot the victim several times before driving away.
Any witnesses or anyone with information regarding the homicide is asked to call East Palo Alto police Detective John Norden at (650) 853-3177, the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (650) 853-8477, or the murder hotline at (888) MURDER-0.
east palo alto, crime, drive by shooting, peninsula news
- Bridge collapse in Washington sends cars into river 2 min ago
- 5.7 earthquake hits Northern California
- Czech police: Palo Alto man suspected in 4 murders 20 min ago
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Magnitude 8.2 earthquake hits Russia's Far East
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa 47 min ago
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: BART bike vote; Gov. climate change
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday