Man shot in Bayfront Expressway drive-by
MENLO PARK, CA -- A man was shot while driving through Menlo Park on Friday night, according to police.
Officers responded to what was initially reported as a traffic incident in the area of Bayfront Expressway and University Avenue at around 10:15 p.m., according to Menlo Park police. Arriving officers found a vehicle recently abandoned in mud along the roadway.
At around 10:25 p.m., police learned that a 27-year-old man who had been shot arrived at Stanford Hospital.
A preliminary investigation revealed that the shooting victim was driving the abandoned vehicle with two other people when a small four-door silver or gray sedan pulled up and someone from inside fired several shots, striking the victim once.
The two other occupants of the victim vehicle were not injured, according to police, and the victim's injury was not life threatening.
Anyone who might have witnessed the shooting is asked to contact Menlo Park police at (650) 330-6300 or the anonymous tip line at (650) 330-6395.
crime, drive by shooting, peninsula news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington's Skagit River
- Preliminary 5.7 earthquake hits Northern California
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- Video: America's Cup teams practice on San...
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- Hundreds of officers attend little girl's graduation
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: BART bike vote; Gov. climate change
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos