Man shot in Bayfront Expressway drive-by
MENLO PARK, CA -- A man was shot while driving through Menlo Park on Friday night, according to police.
Officers responded to what was initially reported as a traffic incident in the area of Bayfront Expressway and University Avenue at around 10:15 p.m., according to Menlo Park police. Arriving officers found a vehicle recently abandoned in mud along the roadway.
At around 10:25 p.m., police learned that a 27-year-old man who had been shot arrived at Stanford Hospital.
A preliminary investigation revealed that the shooting victim was driving the abandoned vehicle with two other people when a small four-door silver or gray sedan pulled up and someone from inside fired several shots, striking the victim once.
The two other occupants of the victim vehicle were not injured, according to police, and the victim's injury was not life threatening.
Anyone who might have witnessed the shooting is asked to contact Menlo Park police at (650) 330-6300 or the anonymous tip line at (650) 330-6395.
crime, drive by shooting, peninsula news
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man 20 min ago
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather 7 min ago
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Holiday Heroes event to help children in need
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Bay Area family competing in national Christmas light competition
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup 28 min ago
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing... 49 min ago
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 36 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
36 min ago