Woodside mayor survives plane crash in the snow
TRUCKEE, CA (KGO) -- Woodside Mayor Dave Burow and a pilot escaped without injury after their small plane crashed last Sunday in Truckee.
The pilot managed to land the TBM single-engine turboprop in a field surrounded by tall trees.
The plane skidded about 400 yards in the snow and was badly damaged.
The cause of the crash is being investigated.
woodside, plane crash, peninsula news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes 33 min ago
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi 11 min ago
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
42 min ago
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage...
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos