Woodside mayor survives plane crash in the snow
TRUCKEE, CA (KGO) -- Woodside Mayor Dave Burow and a pilot escaped without injury after their small plane crashed last Sunday in Truckee.
The pilot managed to land the TBM single-engine turboprop in a field surrounded by tall trees.
The plane skidded about 400 yards in the snow and was badly damaged.
The cause of the crash is being investigated.
woodside, plane crash, peninsula news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries 1 min ago
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed