Gravestones vandalized at Jewish cemetery in Colma
COLMA, CA (KGO) -- More than 20 gravestones at a Jewish cemetery in Colma were vandalized sometime on Christmas Eve.
The granite markers were knocked-over at the Eternal Home Cemetery on El Camino Real. Some of the stones were even broken in half. Those at the cemetery are convinced this is not just some random act of vandalism.
"This is not a drunk guy who did it, you know? It's on the day of Christmas Eve. 20 or 25 monuments were broken in a Jewish cemetery," Leon Rader told ABC7 News. "It's an act of anti-Semites."
Police say they do not have any clues as to who did it. Repairing and replacing the stones will cost around $10,000.
crime, hate crime, colma, christmas, peninsula news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach 50 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes 25 min ago
- Oakland family requests feeding tube for girl 11 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus 48 min ago
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla 53 min ago
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- BART Board president wants to ban transit...
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos