Deputies arrest 25-year-old prowler
PORTOLA VALLEY, CA -- A 25-year-old Sunnyvale man was arrested early Friday morning after being spotted near some homes in Portola Valley where authorities had received reports of a prowler earlier in the week, according to the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office.
At about 1:30 a.m., sheriff's deputies spotted Daniel Silverman on the campus of Woodside Priory School, located at 302 Portola Road.
Silverman allegedly approached nearby housing units where the reports of prowlers had been made. When the deputies tried to contact Silverman, he fled, according to the sheriff's office.
More deputies were called to the scene, and Silverman was eventually spotted hiding in a vehicle on Georgia Lane near the school.
He was arrested and booked in county jail in Redwood City for prowling, trespassing and resisting arrest, according to the sheriff's office.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has any additional information about the case is encouraged to call sheriff's Sgt. Bryan Raffaelli at (650) 363-4058.
portola valley, sunnyvale, crime, peninsula news
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire