Driver killed in spinout on Hwy 101 near Brisbane
BRISBANE, CA -- The California Highway Patrol is investigating a crash on U.S. Highway 101 in Brisbane that killed one person this morning.
The CHP received reports of a solo vehicle spinout on southbound Highway 101 at Sierra Point Parkway at around 3:35 a.m., Officer Scott Cakebread said.
The driver of a Honda apparently lost control of the vehicle while driving south and drifted off the roadway, overturning on the right hand shoulder.
The driver was killed in the crash and pronounced dead at the scene.
It does not appear that any other vehicles were involved, Cakebread said.
There were no lane closures on Highway 101 caused by the crash or the ongoing investigation.
brisbane, CHP, peninsula news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- Man arrested after standoff in San Francisco
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Consumer Reports tests gray hair touch up products
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Boy struck by car
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday