Mountain lion spotted near Woodside
WOODSIDE, CA -- A mountain lion was spotted in the Teague Hill Open Space Preserve near Woodside this morning, the third time in 10 days that a cougar has been seen in the same area, according to the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office.
The animal was seen at about 7:10 a.m. near 50 Roan Place, according to the sheriff's office.
County officials are warning residents not to approach mountain lions, which tend to avoid confrontation. Residents are advised not to jog or hike at dawn, dusk and at night, when mountain lions are most active, and to keep a close watch on small children.
woodside, peninsula news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday